What Should I Do About Ants In My Warren Home?
March 15, 2022 - Ants
Here in Michigan, we are lucky enough to have the luxury of enjoying the four different seasons of the year. But, unfortunately, with each season comes a different species of ant and the problems that come with them. Whether it's a different food source, water, or heat, each type of ant has its own reason for seeking out your home.
Trying to manage an ant infestation on your own can become quite overwhelming.
Each different type of ant species requires unique ant control solutions. There are some home remedies out there that are available to homeowners. There are over 100 species of ants in Michigan which makes ant control in Warren a complex task. That is why it's best left to a professional ant pest control company like Maple Lane Pest Control.
Why Are Ants In My Warren Home?
Ants will enter your home for various reasons, but the most common attraction is food. These little pests live in large colonies and multiply at a very fast pace. As their colonies grow, ants will branch out and build new ones. To maintain this growth in population, ants are constantly seeking out a food source.
Some ants' primary purpose for entering your home is their need for water. Damp wood, leaking water pipes, and water seeping from tubs and showers are ant magnets. Proper ant pest control and keeping a clean home are vital steps in effective ant control and making your Warren home less attractive to ants.
Let's look at the more common species of ants that are likely to become a problem in your home.
- Carpenter Ants: One of the most common ants in the area and one of the largest. They come in a variety of colors and are known for their large mandibles. This species is notorious for causing damage to wood structures and furniture. For this reason, carpenter ant control in Warren is extremely important.
- Small Black Ants: These smaller ants breed at a very rapid rate and for that reason, they are very hard to eradicate. Black ants are attracted to grease, meat products, and fruits.
- Odorous House Ants: These ants are medium-sized and have brown to black bodies. They tend to travel in trails and emit a bad odor when stepped on.
- Pharaoh Ants: They are yellowish ants with black and red abdomens. More common in the winter due to their tendency to gravitate to warmer habitats. You'll find them in walls and under carpets.
Where Do Ants In My Warren Home Come From?
The sheer size of these pests makes ant control in your house difficult to manage. Ants can enter your home in the smallest of cracks and crevices in your walls, basements, and slabs. They are also able to gain access through poorly sealed doors and windows. With so many ways these pests can take up residence in your home, ant control in Warren can be an arduous task.
How To Get Rid Of Ants In Warren?
There are many things you, as a homeowner, can do to assist in the task of ant control in your house. Here is a list of some home remedies and precautions that may help.
- Properly seal food containers and keep your food pantries clean.
- You can find commercial products such as bait sprays and granules in your local stores to use as needed. However, be wary.
- Ensure entryways are well sealed.
- Regularly take your trash and recycle bins out to be emptied.
- Keep countertops and floors clean with the use of solvents and soaps.
- Try not to leave food in your pet dishes for long periods of time.
- Maintain the landscaping around your house.
Keep in mind, even while these are adhered to, they are still no guarantee against an ant infestation.
How To Prevent Future Ant Infestations In Warren?
Ants are one of the hardest household pests to keep under control, especially with the various species in Michigan, the four seasons we deal with, and the many reasons your home is attractive to ants. The most effective ant control is partnering with a team of professionals who has the tools, the knowledge, and the experience to get the job done right.
Maple Lane Pest Control has all the best ant control solutions to keep your home safe from future ant infestations. Carpenter ant control in Warren is one of Maple Lane Pest Control's specialties, and it can save you an untold amount of expenses in damage. Give us a call, and we can give you that peace of mind you deserve.