What It Means If You're Seeing A Lot Of Spiders In Your Warren Home
November 20, 2022 - Spiders
If you've been seeing a lot of spiders inside and outside your Warren home, you're not alone. In fact, spiders are some of the most common pests in North America. While most species of spiders aren't harmful to humans, they can be a nuisance. Maple Lane Pest Control will discuss the characteristics of common spiders as well as what it means if there's an abundance of them in your home. We'll also provide tips on how to get rid of spiders and their pest prey with professional pest control in Warren.
Characteristics Of Common Spiders
All spiders are arachnids, meaning they have eight legs. They also have two body segments, a cephalothorax, and an abdomen. Most spiders have fang-like mouthparts called chelicerae that they use to inject venom into their prey. The venom of some spiders can cause serious health problems in humans, while others are only harmful to insects.
There are many different species of spiders in Warren, but some of the most common in Warren include the house spider, wolf spider, cellar spider, and black widow spiders:
- House spiders are small, brown, and have long legs. They're often found in homes and build webs in corners or near windows.
- Wolf spiders are larger than house spiders and are dark brown or gray. They're often found outdoors and hunt their prey instead of building webs.
- Cellar spiders are small, gray, and have long legs. They're often found in dark, damp areas like basements or crawlspaces.
- Black widow spiders are black with a red hourglass shape on their abdomen. They're the most dangerous type of spider in Michigan and can be found in homes, garages, and sheds. If you see one of these dangerous spiders, it's important to call a professional pest control company in Warren right away.
If any of these spiders are continually showing up in your home, it's a good idea to call a professional pest control company like Maple Lane Pest Control for help.
What It Means If There's An Abundance Of Spiders In Your Home
There are a few reasons why you might be seeing more spiders than usual in your home. One possibility is that there's an abundance of insects for them to eat. This could be due to a lack of food in their natural habitat or because your home is providing an ideal environment for insects to thrive.
Another possibility is that your home has cracks or holes that spiders are using to get inside. If you're seeing a lot of spiders, it's important to inspect your home for potential entry points and seal them up. You can also contact a professional pest control company in Warren to help get rid of the spiders in your Warren house and prevent them from coming back.
Easy Ways To Prevent Spiders And Their Pest Prey From Entering Your Home
There are a few easy ways to get rid of spiders and their pest prey from becoming a problem in your home to begin with:
- Keep your home clean and free of clutter. Spiders like to hide in dark, secluded areas, so keeping your home clean and free of clutter will help to deter them.
- Remove their webs. If you see a spider web, remove it and dispose of it. This will help to prevent spiders from moving in and setting up shop.
- Seal up cracks and holes. Inspect your home for cracks and holes that spiders could use to get inside. Seal them up with caulk or another type of sealant to keep spiders out.
- Remove their insect prey. If you remove the insects that spiders like to eat, they'll be less likely to stick around.
These tips can help to prevent spiders and their pest prey from getting into your home. However, if you're dealing with a persistent spider problem, the experts at Maple Lane Pest Control can help.
Professional Pest Control Is A Great Spider Control Solution
The best home defense for spiders is to contact the pros at Maple Lane Pest Control. For more than 40 years, we've been providing effective pest control solutions to families in Warren. With our Warren spider control services, we'll keep your home spider-free all year long by preventing spiders and their pest prey from getting inside and eliminating any that are already in your home. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Warren, and to schedule a no-obligation inspection. We'll help you get rid of your spider problem for good.