Warren Homeowners' Complete Guide To Effective Ant Control
December 30, 2021 - Ants
There are not many pests that are as annoying as ants. When these pests invade living areas, they do not do anything to stay hidden. They walk in lines through living areas and will even steal the food off your plate if you let them. The good news is that you do not have to tolerate ants inside your house. If you want ants to stay away from your Warren home, here are some things you should know, like how to identify ants and how to get rid of ants from your home.
How To Identify The Ants In Your Warren Home
How many types of ants are there in Warren? A lot. How many of these species are known for invading homes and causing trouble? Over half. Some of the more notable home-invading ants you should know about include crazy ants, little black ants, carpenter ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, pharaoh ants, and thief ants.
Here are some identifying features about each species to help you identify them around your living areas.
- The crazy ant is 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch long, dark brown to black, and moves in erratic patterns while fleeing its prey.
- The little black ant is 1/16 of an inch long, dark brown to jet-black, and lives in social colonies of up to 2,000 workers and many queens.
- The carpenter ant is 5/8 of an inch long, red, black, or red and black, and chews its home into water-damaged wood.
- The odorous house ant is 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch long, brown or black, and smells bad when squished.
- A pavement ant is 1/8 of an inch long, dark brown to black, and builds its nests around paved areas like driveways, sidewalks, and streets.
- The pharaoh ant is 1/16 of an inch long, pale yellow, and has a darker-colored abdomen.
- The thief ant is 1/32 of an inch long, golden yellow to light brown, and is the smallest invasive ant species in our area.
How Little Ants Can Cause Big Problems In Your Warren Home
Ants are small pests that cause big problems. One thing people regularly ask us is, "Are ants dangerous?" Some are. Pharaoh ants are a good example of a dangerous ant species with the way they carry and spread disease-causing organisms. Another species of ant you should consider is the carpenter ant. Why are carpenter ants bad? Well, they are known for chewing holes and tunnels into the structural wood of homes, causing fairly serious damage over time. Finally, all ants are a problem because they do not stop coming back. If they find food or moisture in your living areas one time, they will keep sending scouts inside as long as their colony is nearby.
The Trick To Completely Getting Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your Warren Home
If you need a good answer to the ants around your Warren home, your best option is to invest in quality ant pest control. At Maple Lane Pest Control, we offer top-tier ant control services for members of our community, including our effective carpenter ant control program. All of our ant control solutions are designed to fit our client's needs and take into account different species in our area.
Natural And Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Warren Homes
After we have used ant control solutions to eliminate these pests from your living areas, your next step should be to put in place some prevention to keep these pests out in the future. You can do this with traditional DIY or invest in long-term effective ant control options through Maple Lane Pest Control.
Call our team today to find out more about our effective pest control methods in Warren and schedule your home for a visit today.