The Secret To Effective Rodent Control For Warren Properties
December 15, 2021 - Rodents
When rodents invade your Warren property, effective rodent control is essential in learning how to keep rodents away and reducing the problems caused by all kinds of rodents. Read on to learn more about how to get rid of rodents for good.
The Types Of Rodents That Invade Warren Properties
A few types of rodents may commonly invade your Warren property. Keep an eye out for any of these kinds of rodents, as sightings generally indicate that an infestation is underway.
- Mice: House mice are small with greyish coats of fur, broad feet, and large ears. They prefer hiding in walls or other dark, secluded areas.
- Norway Rats: This rat type is larger and has a coat that ranges from grey to dark brown and black. They prefer more underground, secluded areas, like basements to hide in.
- Roof Rats: This rat type is smaller and has a black coat. They are expert climbers and love hiding in attics or on roofs.
The Problems Rodents Can Cause On Your Warren Property
All rodents can cause significant problems on your Warren property once an infestation is fully underway. This is because rodents need to gnaw and constantly chew; on your property. This gnawing leads to chew marks around the structure, damage to furniture, and bite marks in your food storage areas.
Additionally, all rodents are significant carriers of disease. Both rats and mice may contaminate your home with illnesses such as hantavirus, salmonellosis, tularemia, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis. You can contract these illnesses through direct contact with the rodent, through their urine or feces, or via contaminated food. In the case of mice, their droppings will dry up and become airborne, spreading the risk of disease throughout your property.
Ways To Reduce Factors That Attract Rodents To Your Warren Property
A major part of learning how to keep rodents away is understanding what attracts them to your property and then removing these factors. We discuss this below:
- Open access to food and trash is a significant rodent attractor. Store leftover food properly and consider using airtight containers in pantry areas. Dispose of waste properly in tightly sealed bags. Clean up food and drink spills as soon as possible.
- Fix up leaks around your property and ensure there is proper ventilation. This will prevent pools of moisture, something that rodents love to have nearby.
- Declutter your property, both inside and out, and ensure that any yard debris is removed. Keep the grass trimmed low and store items inside plastic containers to reduce rodent hiding spots around your property.
- Rodents love the easy access to shelter, which means you should be sealing up any potential entry points around your property. Place mesh or steel wool over cracks in windows, doors, and the foundation, in addition to investing in a chimney cap to keep rodents out.
The Best Form Of Rodent Control For Warren Properties
The best way to get rid of rodents and the most effective rodent control for Warren properties is to invest in help from Maple Lane Pest Control professionals. The experts will be able to provide you with an in-depth inspection of your home and a thorough evaluation of your rodent problem areas. Then, armed with this information, the specialists at Maple Lane will implement targeted, effective solutions that fully clear out your rodent problem for good.