Summer Cockroach Prevention Guide For Warren Homeowners
June 30, 2022 - Cockroaches
A few crumbs here and there won’t hurt anything. Right? And it’s perfectly fine to eat in your bedroom or living room, wouldn’t you say? While we all need a change in eating sceneries from time to time, this only gives cockroaches a reason to infest multiple areas of your home. Also, putting off fixing that leaking pipe under your sink invites cockroaches into your home.
Two of the biggest attractors of cockroaches into homes are moisture and food. With better cleaning and home maintenance habits, you can prevent these filthy pests from entering your home. Of course, if you see cockroaches in your home, you’ll want to contact pest control In Warren to eradicate the infestation first, to ensure they’re entirely gone.
What Types Of Cockroaches Infest Homes In Warren?
There are many different species of cockroaches in Michigan, but when it comes to Warren, you’re going to find these species:
- German Cockroaches: This cockroach species is notable for their light brown to tannish bodies with two distinctive dark stripes on the back of their heads. They can grow to ½ to ⅝ of an inch long, fly, and are the most common cockroach species in the United States.
- Oriental Cockroaches: These roaches are also known as water bugs; they have wings but don’t fly. They can grow to 1¼ inch in length and have shiny black bodies.
- American Cockroaches: This roach is the largest home-invading species of cockroaches in the United States with a yellow figure-eight marking on the back of its head. This species can fly short distances but prefers to run.
Cockroach identification is essential to help you determine what type of infestation you have. But, of course, we at Maple Lane Pest Control also understand that you’re probably not going to get that close to a cockroach to look at its distinctive features either- you can leave that up to us. We’ll come in and eliminate active infestations and prevent new ones from starting.
How Can I Prevent Cockroaches From Infesting My Home This Summer?
Proper cockroach prevention always begins with you. In many cases, it’s a matter of following simple cleaning and maintenance habits such as:
- Properly storing food
- Eating only in food designated areas of your home
- Fixing leaking pipes under sinks
- Sealing points of entry on the interior and exterior of your home
- Ensuring floors and counters are free of food crumbs and spills
- Ensuing garbage lids are tightly closed
- Using dehumidifiers to reduce moisture in your home
These are all great and effective ways to keep cockroaches out of your home, but you must first have cockroach treatment for these preventive methods to work.
What Is Professional Cockroach Control?
Professional cockroach control is the process of hiring highly-trained technicians to come to your home and eradicate current and future cockroach infestations.
This process usually starts with a thorough inspection of your home, checking for leaking pipes, points of entry from the interior and exterior of your home, and various signs of cockroach activity. Once we detect cockroach activity, proper treatment will begin.
The Best Cockroach Control For Your Warren Home
When it comes to getting rid of cockroaches in your home, DIY methods are never the answer. Only professional services will effectively remove any infestations in your home.
Whether you see one or several cockroaches, there is more than likely an entire colony of roaches hiding away. At the sight of just one cockroach, call Maple Lane Pest Control for safe and effective pest control.